Wednesday 16 October 2013

Wowed by my God... again!

I've been... skimming through the book of Exodus making a plan for my kids club lessons this school term and I've been wowed by God.

God saved Moses - a man who turned into a cowardly murderer - and chose him for the task of returning to Egypt to bring the Israelites out. But Moses says no, he can't speak. He doesn't believe that he will be able to persuade Pharaoh due to his speech impediment (that's what I take it to be 'speak with faltering lips' Exodus 6:30). Instead of getting angry and choosing someone more faithful to do the task. God instead says this:
Exodus 7:1 'Then the Lord said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.'

How amazing is this action! God says to Moses that Moses will look like God! Look like God! Have a prophet. That's so amazing! It's as if God is saying just because you come across like a bumbling idiot (my words here) don't worry because I am giving you the appearance of something higher. Moses goes and has a prophet!
A prophet was someone chosen to bring God's message to his people. So God uses Moses and with Moses God uses Aaron.
Because Moses doesn't want to go in on his own God sends his brother. God sends 2 people to easily do the job of one (a hard job yes).

How cool is that?

Anyway that's my little rant for the day.

Many Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment