Saturday 19 October 2013

A tired People

The last three days have been exhausting.
So many things have happened. The fires still blaze and we may not get rain until Tuesday.
Friend's have lost houses and some are still waiting to be evacuated.

However, these events cause me to be reminded that our time on earth is not all there is. I've been reminded of one of my favourite songs. Soon and very soon by Hillsong/Brooke Fraser
Here are the lines from it:

Soon and very soon
My King is coming
Robed in righteousness
And crowned with love
When I see Him, I
shall be made like Him
Soon and very soon


Soon and very soon
I'll be going
To the place He has prepared for me
There my sin erased
My shame forgotten
Soon and very soon


I will be with the One I love
With unveiled face I'll see
There my soul will be satisfied
Soon and very soon


Soon and very soon
See the procession
The angels and the elders
'round the throne
At His feet I'll lay my crown, my worship
Soon and very soon


Though I have not seen Him
My heart knows Him well
Jesus Christ the Lamb
The Lord of Heaven

Here is a drawing I completed tonight:
 


I began this more than a month or two ago but I came back to it tonight.
When I began this I was focused on the idea of growing old on this earth. I was yearning for it at the time as I see it as the time in life when you are truly cared for. When we grow old we can no longer care for ourselves. However, this is not the only time we are like this.

In this time of hardship God has reminded me that we are frail, fragile and unable to truly care for ourselves. Without God we are nothing.

So while my hands do not look like this yet and acknowledge that I will always need my God. He will always care for me and make my path straight. He will always do the best in my life and those whom follow him. Even if it doesn't feel like it. God is here always. He's the beginning and the end. The creator of all and I Love Him dearly.

Praise be to our God and Father!

Many Blessings and please pray for us in New South Wales, Australia as our land burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment