Wednesday 2 October 2013

Humbling Kindness

So today I was humbled to the extreme!
I checked my letter box and found an envelope with my name on it but no stamp or address.
Inside were two movie gift cards and a note telling me to enjoy them.
I'm not going to say who did this for me but I have to say.
It is not my birthday.

My first thought was... WHAT THE HECK WHO DOES THIS?
Then I thought: No one does things like this for me!
Then I felt bad for thinking of myself badly, like I'm not a good enough person or not loved enough to have nice things done for me. Clearly my negative thoughts against myself (something I know everybody does) are wrong and people do love me.

I have no idea how to thank this person. But I thank God for their kindness and thoughtfulness.

I am someone who is learning to ask for financial help and God is certainly helping me along the way.

I hope that one day when I do have money to spare I can pass on the kindness to someone else.



1 Corinthians 10:31

New Living Translation (NLT)
So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment