Wednesday 18 September 2013

Missing a Fathers touch

A conversation between a sister and I.

Me: For some reason I am still always seeking out the Love of a Father. Which is silly because I have God. But I struggle because I would really love a Dad whou would love and support me in a physical presence. Who would do things with me and who would hug me when I am sad and tell me everything will be alright. Someone to care for me and give me words of affirmation and hugs. Unfortunately God doesn't hug me and that's something I want.

Friend: God invented male figures to perform an earthly fatherly role. Its understandable why you would feel that way.

She normalised my feelings and helped me make sense of this experience. I am thankful for this small conversation and had to share it here. Maybe people out there struggle with this too. I do not know. But I pray that God will use this to reach out to anyone else who does.

Prayers and Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment