Thursday 12 September 2013

Hard Conversations

I had some hard conversations in a car ride home with my Aunt and my Sister tonight.
Questions about how the bible was constructed and how do we know for sure that no one has changed it.
It is hard to converse with people who don't see God as all powerful. Believing human intervention to be of greater possibility than Gods.
Its hard to explain that God is in control when people don't believe in his control.

However I got to talk about how the bible is the story of how God created the world, Humans ruined it and then how God acted to bring us back into a relationship with him.

Hopefully (as a lovely friend of mine said) I have planted some small seeds.

I will now go about collecting some more knowledge of how my God has put together his words through his people on earth so I may be better equipped to tackle questions like this in future.

Grace and Peace to you and remember:

1 Peter 3:15

New Living Translation (NLT)
15 Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20peter%203:15&version=NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment