Monday 18 November 2013

Envy

Lately God has been speaking to me.

Lying in bed last night I knew I had to read the bible. I do it every night before sleep. However I didn't know what to read. Then I thought "Psalm 23... wait no read Psalm 73!"
So I did, then after breakfast I jumped on my computer and checked my emails. I get a daily devotional by David Reay called Life Words. Todays devotional was on Envy and quoted part of the same passage of scripture I read last night.

Here it is:
Psalm 73: 1-5  (The Message)
 
No doubt about it! God is good—
    good to good people, good to the good-hearted.
But I nearly missed it,
    missed seeing his goodness.
I was looking the other way,
    looking up to the people
At the top,
    envying the wicked who have it made,
Who have nothing to worry about,
    not a care in the whole wide world. 
 
This is exactly something I have been struggling with lately. Envying those around me. I've Envied my friends for the supports they have in their families and the willingness of their parents to care for them. I've envied others for their good looks and for their talents, jobs, relationships and even houses. These small envies were eating me up inside. Causing sadness and heartache and have been preventing me from seeing God clearly. I have felt a small distance for a while and God has shown me why.

Praise the God of Heaven and Earth!

If any of you out there are struggling with this just look back to God and remember that he is Good. He looks after us. We may just be in a season of struggle and pain. That's fine, God will bring us through. And NEVER forget the blessings that await us in the new kingdom at the coming of Jesus!

Many Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment