Friday 16 August 2013

A note on Zion

So Isaiah Chapter Four references a place called Mount Zion. Now that I'm out of my lazy mood I felt it was important to make a comment on it. I should really find out what it is. When the Bible mentions something it's usually important. You can't just skip bits you don't like or can't be bothered to look at. Thats not the best approach for the bible!

So my bible dictionary doesn't reference Mount Zion as a specific entry. However I did find it to mean a mountain near Jerusalem where the Temple of the Lord was built. Maybe around the time of King David (I'm not 100% on this!) It is also a term used to describe or names God's people Israel.


Here is an Image I got from here: http://www.jerusalemiloveyou.com/jerusalem_geography.html
I've seen Mount Zion referred to as the temple that was built on Mount Moriah. However I could be wrong. I think this needs more investigation.

In Isaiah 4 mount Zion appears to be used to describe God people and the city of Jerusalem.
So Jerusalem will be cleansed in Chapter four and become a safe haven and shelter for the people of God as it was intended to be.

The Bible is a very interesting historical document. There is always more to discover!

No comments:

Post a Comment