Wednesday 23 July 2014

Isolated in Sin

I have recently learned some hard truths about being single and out of home.

It's very easy to isolate yourself.
It's very easy to stop reading the bible and spending time with God.
It's very easy to turn your eyes from God and watch other Christians who live the life you wanted/expected.
It is so easy to fall into the sins of coveting, jealousy and discontentment.

Fleeing from temptation is difficult when you Iive alone. Now I don't live alone but half of my household is away. I also do not live with Christians. And while I love my housemates and greatly enjoy their company; there are some ways they can not care for me. And one of those ways is to keep me focused on God.

When you live away from other Christians and are new in a church it is easy to lose track. So it is of vital importance to keep looking at God, reading your bible and praying. Even making the extra effort to connect with other Christians. Isolation is so easy to fall into but it is also just as easy to connect with others.
We have the whole world electronically at our fingertips.

So please if you are a young, single Christian who Iives away from your parents with more limited access to others than you're used to! Make the extra effort to ask for help. Keep fleeing from temptation and keep your eyes fixed on God.

Don't allow the lives of others to discourage you. Instead remember that you are not them and you are living out the unique story that our God has planned and written for you.

And please! Share your life! Share all of it, good and bad with those around you. The church is our family and for some of us it's the only family we have.

The loneliess, discontentment and sadness I've felt this last week or so didn't have to happen. But I let it happen. I let myself slip and I let my eyes wander!

Focus on the Lord!

Proverbs 3:5-6 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. 

Here us an image that I used to help me express my feelings this week. The top is the original picture which came from a gif off tumblr. The second is my rendition of it.
Here is a link to my tumblr blog as well (if you're a tumblr person): https://www.tumblr.com/theheavenbound

Keep walking with The Lord! Life isn't easy but with God there is hope and knowledge that there are much better things to come!

God loves, provides and cares!
Many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment